Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 7 - plus some help with food choices!


I have officially completed 1 week of kicking my own butt into shape! WOO HOO!

MY PLAN:

1) Workout EVERYDAY! If I have pilates, or don't have time for the "30-day Shred", then a walk with the kiddies will do.

2) Food Diary - counting calories, specifically. I am writing down everything I eat, using my handy-dandy scale to weigh portions, etc. I've cut my caloric intake significantly without feeling hungry.

3) Drinking LOTS of water - at least 40 ounces per day!

4) Only one 'sweet' per day. One cookie, one Rice Krispies Treats, etc. If you know me, you know how HARD this is!!!

5) No eating after dinner (7:00 p.m.) I crave sweets at night, so I try to eat a sweet after lunch, then I know that I can't have any before bed.

I started out at 185 lbs (+- 1 lb. depending on time of day of weigh-in)
I am now at 182 (+- 1 lb.)

3 lbs of loss in 1 week is HUGE!!!

Jason asked me last night if I feel as though I have more energy now that I've been working out everyday. It's hard to tell with the sleep deprivation I have going on these days (Thank you, Elijah). I think I feel stronger - my abdominal muscles feel as though they are regaining their shape from their jell-o like state.

On the eating front, I am making much better choices about food. Truthfully, I lost about 7 lbs in November and December just by watching what I ate, but fell off the wagon around Christmas, and it took me this long to get back on!

Healthy snacks:

A baggie of carrots and 2 tablespoons of hummus is only about 100 calories - much more filling than a teensy-weensy 100 calorie bag of crackers or cookies.

Breakstone's 100 Calorie Cottage Doubles - cottage cheese & fruit - also have 8 grams of protein.

Okios Superfruits Greek Yogurt (4 oz)- is only 90 calories and has 10 grams of protein.

Hard boiled egg whites are only about 20 calories and 4 grams of protein (or the whole hard-boiled egg is about 80 calories with 6 grams of protein)

For Breakfast:

1/2 cup of un-cooked old-fashioned rolled oats, mix with 3/4 cup water, microwave for 2 minutes, add 1 splenda packet, 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix well. Slice a banana on top and the whole thing is only about 275 calories and so filling!

One whole egg & one egg white scrambled together & cooked in a pan with a little cooking spray, sprinkled with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese, 2 slices of lean bacon on two pieces of toasted light whole wheat bread = about 300 calories! YUMMY!

For Lunch:

Usually leftovers, but I also like to make Mac & Cheese for Jonah then I take 1 cup and mix with a 2.6 oz package of Albacore Tuna = 360 Calories

Or, mix with a sliced Applegate Farms Organic all beef hot dog = 380 calories

Or a veggie burger (no bun) with some ketchup (1 tbsp.) and a side of fruit (1/2 an apple), cottage cheese (4 oz. cup) & chips (7 chips) = 330 calories

Dinner:

Slice a pita in 1/2 (so you have two full circles, not two 1/2 moons), spread 1 tablespoon basil pesto, lay 4 ounces of grilled, sliced chicken breasts, sprinkle with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve with a salad of Romaine lettuce, cheery tomatoes and a light balsamic dressing (1 tbsp) = 400 calories

In general I make a normal dinner recipe and just REALLY watch my portion size. If it's going to be really high in calories, I just have a small portion and add on a salad or lots of veggies to fill me up. I splurge on the weekends - most notably, Friday night Pizza at Little Italian.

2 comments:

Misha said...

I'm SO PROUD OF YOU! Your plan is great and your meals are just right to get you to your goal! You are doing AWESOME and you Will See Results! Love you, Sis

Rebecca Marie said...

Thanks sissy! Results are the biggest motivator. The scale is great, but I am waiting for some of those old clothes to fit soon too! Thanks for all your support and encouragement - and frankly, all your advice and help in the foods-department!