Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 20 of the "get rid of the baby weight" challenge


Wow - 20 days went by fast! I wish I had more results, but I am pleased with what I have - A total loss of about 5 lbs! I wish I had measured myself, but I didn't. So I will measure myself today and work from here. 5 lbs doesn't seem like much when you have 25 to lose, BUT when I look at the bag of potatoes above, it seems like A LOT! (I would have put up one of those photos of body fat, but that is just gross!)

I slacked for a total of 3 days. Two due to illness and 1 due to complete and utter lack of motivation! I didn't 'shred' for about 4 days, and instead walked, did a yoga video or went to pilates class.

I have continued to eat well with only a few slip-ups on sweets or those yummy corn bread blasters at Heaven on Seven. I crammed my butt into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans, although they cause severe muffin-top, I was able to zip them up and wear them without pain - not the end result I'm looking for, but a step in the right direction!

I am actually contemplating signing up for a 5K walk/run/race on St. Patrick's Day. I don't plan to run, but perhaps a slow jog. I don't run. I hate running, but perhaps that is why I should do it. A goal to work towards. If I could actually run 3+ miles without stopping or dying, that would be one of my biggest accomplishments - physically. (yes, even bigger than pushing a 9 lb, 11 oz baby out of me!) I know that probably sounds stupid to all my 1/2 marathon or tri-athlete friends/family members, but a fat girl has got to start somewhere! A realistic goal will set me up for success, NOT failure. So, as I type this, I am thinking of actually doing it. Maybe one of my neighbors will want to join with me, expect they are all in better shape....ugh.

Current weight: 180
Current attitude: Pleased, but not resting on my laurels
Days to go until personal deadline: about 40 days (1/3 of the way there)

No comments: