Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why does everything smell like pooh?

I leave the house once in a blue moon without at least 1 child in tow and all I smell is pooh. Not my own clean hair, not my perfume, not even formula, but pooh! Wiping other people's butts all day, everyday has caused this foul odor to be burned into my nose, prohibiting all other 'nice smells' to enter.

Ironically, the child whose butt I reluctantly wipe after 2 1/2 years told ME that my hair smelled bad when I was putting him down for a nap.... Funny, YOU are the reason why I get to shower once every 2 days and maybe wash my hair once a week!!! Not to mention, that 'smell' is probably bacon grease from the delicious dinner I made you last night. Alas, he could care less about any of these details.

There are so many seasoned moms out there who say "Cherish these moments! They are only little for such a short time! It goes by so fast!" I plan to cherish the sweet moments, BUT there are moments that I WON'T miss about toddlers/infants.... wiping butts is one of them.

No comments: