Monday, January 9, 2012

My boys

Many of you are on facebook and so you see the daily mobile uploads of my kids in all their splendor. However, some of you are not and I don't want you to miss out on all the super-cuteness! Also, the pictures are merely a window into their personalities, so I like to use the blog to really showcase what they're up to!

Elijah - on Friday, will be 13 weeks old (but having his 3-month birthday). He loves having his diaper changed, loves bath-time, loves his daddy's voice and loves his big brother. He is the smiley-est baby since Jonah-mo and coos, sings, and nearly giggles. His hair has yet to fall-out, which means it might not! He has blue eyes, like his daddy but (in my opinion) looks like his Uncle Jacob. He is a big boy, filling out 3-6 month clothes, and will soon be transitioning to 6-9 months! I smother him in kisses everyday, and even when he had stinky-neck, he is super-sweet.

Jonah - 2 years, 8 months old on Friday. He is starting to adopt all my quips and phrases - "Need a little help here?", "My hands are full!", "Maybe later", and various other phrases you don't expect him to say. He also cracks himself up, like his father. He awoke from his nap the other day and called for daddy. When I arrived at his bedroom door, he was sitting up in bed, all rosy-cheeked with messy hair and laughed out loud saying "I almost thought you were daddy!" Every night Jason gives him his bath and before he gets in bed, he comes downstairs (sometimes naked!) and climbs onto my lap (where Elijah is trying to fall asleep) and gives me a big hug and drooly kiss. It's the best part of my day, hands-down.

Jason - I won't get all mushy for public consumption.....I will say this: marriage is hard work, no doubt, but it is worth every minute. I love him more everyday, especially seeing him with our boys and being an amazing father, or seeing Jonah mimic him when he puts his eggs on his toast or puts his little pea coat on just like daddy. We are a great team.

I don't know how I got to this place in my life. 7 years ago I could not have pictured this husband, this home, these boys. I look back over the decisions I've made that brought us here, and it just seems surreal. I feel so blessed, so fortunate. I know I deserve it, but I am nonetheless grateful.

Happy Elijah during tonight's bath time
Jonah after licking the batter off of the spatula while making homemade brownies with mama on Monday morning
Big brother covering up little brother on the couch
My three handsome boys!

No comments: