Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to SAHM mode


Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a "planner". In other words, I am organized with my life, or try to be. Now that I have children, this is exponentially more necessary and less necessary at the same time. Let me explain:

Children = chaos. You never know how and when things are going to roll - when they will sleep, when they'll get sick, when they'll pee, poop or puke, when they'll have a really good day or a really bad day. The more you try to control this, the more the situation will control you. Therefore, I try my best to control most other things in my life and PLAN for the chaos. Making a menu for weekly meals, with some flexibility built-in, having groceries delivered (thank you Peapod), prepping food when you have the time, even days in advance rather than waiting until the day of..... come to think of it, food/cooking is the one thing I don't procrastinate about. Hmmmm, I think I've stumbled onto something....

I digress. I have shared my meal-planning ideas with many people, mostly because it reduces the amount of stress I feel about feeding my family and I think most women could benefit from ti. Occasionally I think I'll share my weekly menu with links, where applicable, to recipes for others to try.

I plan from Tuesday to Monday - don't ask me why, I just do.

Tuesday: Chicken Cesar Pitas, Butternut Squash Soup, Roasted Potatoes & Onions
Wednesday: Fish Tacos, Brown Rice, Roasted Corn & Red Pepper Salad
Thursday: Fake Fried Chicken, Seasoned Fries, Baked Beans
Friday: Sweet Pork Loin, Mashed Potatoes
Saturday:Date Night!
Sunday: Chicken & Dumplings
Monday: Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas

(if there is a recipe that sounds good, but doesn't have a link, let me know and I will type it up and post it for you!)

No comments: