Thursday, March 17, 2011

Proud Wife

For the second time in his career, my husband has been honored with the Chairman's Club award. His employer annually recognizes the top 20 (or so) sellers globally with a trip to Arizona for the winner and his/her significant other. I am so proud of Jason (regardless of a free trip) and to accomplish this task TWICE is even more impressive.

In order to make this trip happen we had to call in reinforcements - Linda and Greg (aka. Nana & Bapa). I had to do some arm-twisting, but they came to NJ and Jonah took good care of them while we jetted off to Arizona. Before we left, I got to spend some QT with mom and dad and prep them for the weekend ahead.... although there is really no prepping for a weekend with Jonah.

The weekend brought much needed relaxation to Jason and I, and alone time we rarely get. We met so many nice people from all around the world, ate wonderful food, basked in the sun, and enjoyed some activities. The highlight of my weekend? Sleep.

At home my mom and dad got to bond with Jonah and he loved every minute of it.

Jonah wakes up at approx. 5:45 am, but I instructed my mom to let him hang out for 15-20 minutes before getting him. Fortunately, we have a video monitor to oversee his actions during this period of time. Over two morning, Mom observed the following sequence of events: Jonah removed his pajamas, put them in the hamper (good boy). Put on his crocs (picture just the diaper & crocs). He then lined up his stuffed animals on the bed and put all of his books away. He laid on the floor and draped his blanket over himself making Tarzan noises and rolling around. Lastly, he attempted to remove his diaper, which was mom's cue to intervene. These behaviors were not see prior to my parents arrival, but God knows he wanted to put on a good show!

This weekend gave us all a chance to connect in different ways and I thank Jason for being the cause, and my parents for making the loooooong drive. We have an awesome family.

No comments: