Thursday, October 14, 2010

try it....you might like it!

+
=

Many of you know that I have never been a beer drinker. However, during my pregnancy, every time Jason drank beer, the smell made me sooo thirsty! I now enjoy a beer from time to time, perferring draft to bottle. I went to happy hour with a few co-workers today at The Tap Room and tried the Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale. Wow - I drank every last drop and it was super-yummy! Of course I love anything with pumpkin in it, so it's no surprise I like a pumpkin beer.

Speaking of pumpkin, a new family favorite are pumpkin pancakes. Just add 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling) and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice to your pancake recipe and cook as usual. Of course maple syrup is always a delicious accompaniment, but try it with honey!

Another pancake variation, made very easy, is to add a jar of baby food to a traditional pancake mixture:

1) banana nut pancakes - Add 1 baby food jar of banana puree and 1/4 cup of slightly crushed walnuts. (I am tempted to pour chocolate syrup on top, but resist that urge)
2) sweet potato pancakes - Add 1 baby food jar sweet potatoes and 2 tablespoons brown sugar.

I always make a double batch and refrigerate them so Jonah has breakfast ready for several days. Smaller pancakes can be re-heated in the microwave or the toaster.

Take some time to enjoy the tastes of this wonderful season!

1 comment:

Amihan said...

Just stumbled in your blog..Thanks for posting this...I'll try it :-)