Thursday, August 5, 2010

BIG Year!


Jonah turned 1
Jason turned 35
We celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversary
I turn 30 (in a few weeks)

That's a lot to be proud of and a lot to think about!

Our wedding anniversary is a time to reflect on our lives together and the 7 years we've known each other. I love Jason more now that I did when I married him and I thank God for bringing him into my life. He is an wonderful husband and father and he never ceases to amaze me.

My 30th....ugh. I am so proud of all I've accomplished in 30 years, but at the same time, who is really satisfied and thinks "I've accomplished everything I set out to do by the age of 30"? I'm trying not to think about it too much. Jason keeps asking if I want a party or something special...and every time I think about it, I cringe. I mean, I don't think I'm getting old, but I just want to keep moving forward and I feel like 30 is this hill that I have to climb and overcome...IDK, we'll see.

This was a year of goal-setting for us. We spent a lot of time thinking about this year and what we wanted to get out of it - one BIG thing was having our FIRST family vacation. Next week, we will put a check mark in that box! We leave for Red Creek Cottage in Seneca Lake and a week-long vacation. Just the three of us. If we dig this place, it might be an annual thing :)

2 comments:

Canning Tomatoes said...

YES, what a big year in your little family. Well, I wish you the absolute best birthday and 30 is just the begininning sweetie! Congrats on the anniversary as well, that is something to be very proud of :)

Personal Trainer Singapore said...

hi there, you have a wonderful blog. thanks for sharing your life and experience here. hope you never give up doing that.