Monday, September 14, 2009

My Birthday!!


My fabulous husband planned an amazing birthday weekend for me (with a little help from my mom)!Jason planned everything and all his selections were PERFECT!

My mom flew into Jersey and watched Jonah on Saturday and Sunday so that we could go into NYC overnight! We stayed at the Helmsley Park Lane Hotel on the 23rd floor overlooking Central Park (see pic above). We had lunch at Sarabeth's Cafe - amazing vegetable fritatta w/ pumpkin muffin; wine at Clo, dinner at Rosa Mexicana- tableside guacamole, falutas, sangria and puerco pibil; and a night cap at Whiskey Park. ....and the ultimate ending: WE SLEPT, and SLEPT and SLEPT! Ahhhhh! My first full-night of sleep and first time I have slept-in since Mr. Jonah arrived!

We had brunch at Rue 57- mimosas and eggs benedict- and walked around Central Park on Sunday - it was a beautiful day and I think we managed to walk-off at least 1/2 of the calories we consumed the day before! We did some shopping, but generally just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company. Then I got to spend a little time with my mom before she had to fly back to Michigan - which was the proverbial icing on the cake!

On Friday, my co-workers celebrated with a huge bouquet of flowers, chocolates, gifts and ice cream cake from Carvel! Yummy!

I received cards and packages from friends and family and lots of texts and Facebook messages - all of which made me feel so special and loved!!

1 comment:

Canning Tomatoes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can't believe I missed it, I haven't been on the computer much lately...to busy catching up on garden stuff. I miss you and I am happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday; even more happy to hear that you got a full night's sleep!