Monday, July 6, 2009

8 week check-up

Well...he won't technically be 8 weeks old until Wednesday, but since we'll be in Kansas visiting Jason's friends and family, we had our pediatrician appointment early. It was just a regular check-up for height, weight, vitals and shots (however, we are postponing vaccinations until he's older so no shots for now!)

Weight is 13 lbs. 1.5 ounces (95th percentile)
Height is 24 1/2 inches long (95th percentile)
Head is 16 1/4 inches around

All in all, the Doctor was very pleases (as were we) with his progress. He is a very sturdy little man - very little chub and very strong. I know this doesn't mean a whole lot at only 8 weeks old, but I'd like to imagine him growing up to be a very tall, athletic, handsome man. As for who he looks like....well, he seems to be taking after the Petrovichs (my maternal grandmother's family) and the Wilkersons (Jason's maternal grandfather's family)... in looks and in personality.

I've been taking photos with my phone and video with the camcorder, but not with my regular camera, so forgive me - I'll have more photos very soon!

Wish us luck on our first plane ride tomorrow to Wichita! We are sooo excited to see Great-Grandma, Grammy, Papa, Aunt Julee, Uncle Steven, and Cousins: Caitie, Jason, Eden and Rowan....plus all our friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just can't wait to meet handsome Jonah. He looks like Jason with his sunglasses on....his futures so bright, gotta wear shades!!! Love you and miss you tons! Kristi