Monday, June 22, 2009

Visitors - What a blessing!

We've been blessed to have so many visitors here, to not only SEE Jonah but to help out with our adjustment period. I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of them for not only the time and energy spent but also the money that it took to get here!

My mom, dad, and sister all drove from Michigan on the day Jonah was born. My BF Dana unexpectedly flew in the day after Jonah was born and stayed a few days. My dad and sister drove back a few days later and my mom stayed for 2 weeks! We survived alone for two days until my MIL (Mother-in-Law) arrived to help for another 2+ weeks. The day after she left, my friend Marisol arrived from Chicago to visit for the weekend. Below are photos of all of Jonah's visitors. We are now officially ON OUR OWN and surviving just fine!

We have gone out to lunch with Jonah, to the grocery store, and to the airport - all without incident! These may seem like simple tasks to non-parents or those who can't remember those first few weeks after a baby comes home, but to me, these events combined are equivalent to climbing Mt. Everest!

This week is also loaded with outings - Bright Beginnings Class with Jonah, lunch with the other mommies in the class, and then my 6-week post-partum check-up - ALL on Wednesday. Thursday I am taking Jonah into work with me to begin the process of re-acclimating to my job. I don't return full-time until August, but I feel so out-of-the-loop that I feel the need to make a slow and smooth transition starting now.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll actually get his birth announcements in the mail this week too! Oh, and all those Thank You notes too.....

Bapa

Aunt Shell

Auntie Dana

Nana

Grammy

Tia Mari


SIDE NOTE: I started typing this post at 8:00 am. It is now 5:00 p.m. and I just finished.... ahhhh

No comments: