Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day


This was Jason's very first Father's Day and my dad's first Father's Day as a grandfather - two monumental events!

I wish I had been home to celebrate with my dad and Jason together - however instead I chatted with my dad over the phone and sent home his gift - a new Dean Koontz book and $$ to buy a new BBQ. Jason got a homemade dinner of Braciole and I took Jonah and left him home alone to sleep and relax for the day without any responsibilities. I also got him some new shoes, new books and some BBQ sauce - special Curley's sauce from Kansas City.

Jason may have only been a dad for 5 weeks, but he's certainly earned his stripes thus far. He has been an amazing dad and husband through these past few weeks - I really don't know what I would do without him. Jonah and I are so blessed to have him in our lives.

No comments: