Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's a.....

HUGE BELLY!



For all my blog-stalkers out there:

The 40 week appt yesterday produced no progress from the 39 week appt. however, Ursula still says that I can go at any time.

Tomorrow is the official due date. Since I have NO signs of labor at this time maybe we'll have a Mother's Day baby....or if my father is really lucky, the baby will arrive on his 60th birthday: Tuesday, May 12th. Either option would be nice considering I'd already be past my due date.

The next midwife appt. is next Tuesday. If I still haven't had the baby by then, they'll do a non-stress test where they just hook me up to the monitors to check the baby's stats for any signs of distress.

Oh, and Ursula predicts a 9 lb. baby (at least) but assured me (in her German accent) that my pelvis will handle it beautifully. I laughed. My co-worker Sarah's baby (now 2 weeks and 2 days old - but 3 weeks early) is still not even 8lbs....so my newborn will most likely out-weigh her child....

3 comments:

Christine said...

Sorry to stalk :-) I just cannot help it. I am so excited to hear the news!! Love you!! xoxoxo

mama said...

my beautiful daughter, how I long to hold you and that baby in my arms. it will be done before you know it, and you will be the best mama in the world! I love you boodles and oodles! mama

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that I had two babies that were over 8lbs!! Grant was 8lbs 10oz and McKinley was 8lbs 5ozs....