Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's a Boy!

Jason and Rebecca are happy to welcome:

Jonah Aaron Elbert Meslin
Born at 5:16 pm on 5/13/09
9 lbs 11 oz
22 inches long


We are all doing well. I am recovering nicely, Jonah is thriving, and Jason is the most amazing husband and father a girl could ever ask for.

There is so much to say, I don't know where to begin. So much has happened in the past 5 days and every minute is a new adventure.

I am so thankful for my husband who I love more now than I ever could have imagined - he took care of me and Jonah while I recovered - quite a big task. I am also thankful for my mom, dad, sister and best friend, Dana, who came all the way from Michigan to meet Jonah and help take care of our new family. I also want to thank all our friends and family that have visited, called, texted, e-mailed, etc. with well-wishes. We feel so loved!

Here are the photos you all have been waiting for:

Me and my midwife, Katherine minutes after having Jonah - she helped make my birth experience an amazing one!

Getting weighed in - WOW!

Welcome to the world, Jonah!

Our first family photo

The Malotkes!!

My super-cute going home outfit!
>
Me and Daddy getting settled at home.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Love the pic of Jason and Jonah! Isnt it amazing how you fall more in love with your hubbie after having a baby. Aaron was pretty amazing too--big help!
Congrats...so many happy times ahead!!

cindy said...

THE PICTURE OF "DADDY" HOLDING BABY JONAH IS "PRICELESS"....THE LOVE OF A BABY....IS SO PURE AND UNCONDITIONAL....I LOVE ALL OF YOU AND WILL BE DELIGHTED TO MEET JONAH AARON.....KISSES AND HUGS...AUNT CINDY