Friday, April 17, 2009

37 weeks


I almost can't believe that I'm at 37 weeks! I had a haircut and a pedicure this week in an attempt to feel a little more human and less like a cow, pig, or other fat animal about to give birth.

I have loved my pregnancy and been so grateful for my health and the health of my unborn baby. However, I am slowly losing my sense of humor about being pregnant. I know many women become "hormonal" crying over things like their shoes and clothes not fitting. I already outgrew my shoes and currently have only a handful of shirts that actually stretch over my belly. However, I am not sad. Instead I fit into the category of "angry pregnant lady" - I resort to being mean and nasty (mostly to my poor husband) when I am crabby or at the end of the day when all I want is to be comfortable (something that now alludes me 24 hours a day). One co-worker has affectionately begun to call me "Texas", as in "Don't mess with Texas" and also "As big as Texas" - both appropriate statements. I assume that my behavior at this late state is mostly excusable, but nonetheless, I apologize to anyone I may have offended or may offend in the upcoming weeks!

Now my weekly appointments have begun and in positive news, my midwife assured me that my Group B Strep test came back negative. Yeah!

No comments: