Sunday, March 29, 2009

More Showering

When you move to a new place, making friends can be difficult. You often look to your place of employment to provide you with a social network from which to build friendships. So, when I moved to New Jersey a little over a year ago and found a job, it became a little easier. I have been fortunate to work with some wonderful people, many of whom I now call friends.

Today my wonderful co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower! It was a joint baby shower because my co-worker Sarah is also preggers and due exactly 1 week after me. The shower was at Tara's lovely home in Pennington, NJ. and in spite of some rain, the day was perfect.

Much time, effort, planning, preparation and sneakiness went into the shower's execution. The food was all home-made and DELICIOUS, the presents were from the heart and generous, and the company was warm and friendly....what more can you ask for??? Sarah and I both got showered with beautiful gifts - some from our registry, while others were homemade, handmade or just plain creative and cute!

Tara's mom took a ton of photos, so I hope to have some to post soon.

Thanks to all that made this day possible - including my husband who should be commended for keeping this secret SO WELL!

No comments: