Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baby Shower

We returned to our home in New Jersey last night, safe and sound, after having a fabulous weekend with my friends and family in Michigan. The reason for our trip was to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our first child by having him/her 'showered' with gifts, love, and affection. All of the above happened and all of it was overwhelmingly wonderful. As my cousin Christine put it, its amazing how much people can love someone they've never met and be so excited to welcome that person into this world. Our guests were so generous - even with the economic situation as it is. I feel so blessed, grateful and fortunate to have so many wonderful people who care about me and my family.

In addition, the weekend was a great opportunity to spend some quality time with my mom, sister and mother-in-law, Judy. We had time to just relax and visit. Jason had a chance to spend time with my dad and brother and also his beloved Nova (which is coming along nicely)! Everyone got to see and feel the baby moving inside my belly - which was fun, emotional and exciting.

The weekend was documented twice - once by a photographer who came to mom and dad's house to get shots of me, Jason and the belly, and again at the shower by my photographer friend Sean. I just received the images from the photographer (Kelli at Purple Tree Photography) and they are amazing. Click here to see some of the images (Scroll down to the post entitled "May Bump"). Sean took hundreds at the shower so it will take him a little while to get those to me and posted, but they will be up very soon.

So, although I will be sending out formal thank-you notes, this is my blanket "Thank You" to let everyone know how much I appreciate their kindness and for making this weekend so very special!

No comments: