Sunday, February 8, 2009

Can I touch your belly? (27 weeks edition)

Before I became pregnant I always thought it was rude of people to touch, rub or even comment on "the belly". Personally, I am not nearly as sensitive now that I'm pregnant. In fact, I welcome the vast majority of attention my belly receives and here's why: My belly and the baby inside makes other people happy. No one walks up to the belly with a scowl - in fact its the complete opposite! My family, friends and co-workers instantly get a smile on their face when they see me and my belly toddling their way.

The may comment on how big my belly is (which, let's be honest, its HUGE for only 27 weeks) but they usually tell me that I look good (it's always a good idea to tell a pregnant woman she looks good, even if she looks chubby or like she hasn't slept in a week) and then they smile and/or giggle and ask me how I am feeling. The fact that my unborn child brightens some one's day even for a moment makes me feel important and makes the aches and pains a little easier to bear.

Having said that, I have not had the opportunity to be approached by any strangers seeking to fondle my stomach....I will probably not be receptive to that. People are welcome to ask when I'm due, if its my first, guess the sex and congratulate me. But keep your hands off the merchandise.

Here are a few new photos...I figure the closer I get to my due date (May 7th) the faster I'll grow, so I'll try to post new photos every two weeks. These are in the empty baby's room. Thanks to Jason, who has been great at moving furniture and organizing space to make room for the baby and its accouterments!





P.S. Whether you can tell from the photos or not, I appear larger than 27 weeks to most observers....I have decided I might buy a shirt and have it screen printed with the answer "Yes, there is only ONE baby in here".

3 comments:

inprogress said...

my goodness, that is one big baby in your belly! good idea with the ambient light in the photo, btw!

mama said...

I think that you are telling us it is just one baby to throw us off track, and, so that you would never have to admit I was correct in saying that one of my children will have the Michigan Petrovich's first set of twins.
love you bunches, mama

CPAPASIAN said...

BECCA....YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL....YOUR WORDS OF THE WONDERS CARRING A CHILD YOU AND JASON CREATED....HEARTFELT....MEMORIES FILL MY HEART....I WILL SEE YOU NEXT MONTH.....MANY MANT HUGS AND KISSES....AUNTIE CINDY