Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas


With our families being so far away, we alternate major holidays to make sure we spend quality time with everyone. This year we visited my family for Thanksgiving, which means that Christmas was dedicated to Jason's family down in Wichita, KS.

We had a week to catch up with Jason's mom and dad as well as his sister, brother-in-law (B.I.L.) and our 3 nieces and 1 nephew. The kids are always the highlight of the trip because they grow and change so much from visit to visit...especially the littlest one: Rowan who is just under 3 years old.

We also visited our friends Russell and Debra and their little boy Riddick (now 2 years old) and Craig & Sarah. Last but not least, we went to Christmas Eve and Sunday service at church with Pastor John Clayton - I wish that I could fly him here every Sunday to hear him preach - he and his wife Sandy are wonderful and they welcome us so warmly every time we're home.

Jason and I exchanged gifts before we left and I received a new Canon Rebel XS - so you can imagine the excitement I felt as well as the photography bonanza that followed! (see below)

I was able to celebrate with my parents and Jacob & Salama yesterday when we used the webcam to open gifts (ironically, the webcam was a gift from my mom LAST Christmas)....It was waaaaaay better than doing it over the phone and I can't imagine having opened our presents without the gift-givers present to watch. Michelle and Tim's gifts are due to arrive tomorrow and we will webcam-open-gifts with them this weekend. Of course it isn't the same, but it'll have to do until next year!

We are so blessed to have such wonderful families who practically fight over us when it comes to holidays. We're also blessed to have enjoyed such a generous, happy, healthy Christmas. Our families always make it special - not with gifts, but with the thoughtfulness behind every holiday tradition, from cookies to wrapping, it's the little things that make us happy.

My X-mas Morning Baby Bump

Jason Troy

Jason Lee with Rowan Lee (playing with her doctor's kit)

Eden Jae

Caitlin Michelle

Rowan Lee

Riddick

No comments: