Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankful


We went today to meet another one of the midwives at Princeton Midwifery Care and just check-up on me. According to their scales I've gained 3 lbs (according to my calculations I've gained 5 lbs....so I'll go with theirs). We heard a nice, strong heartbeat and confirmed our appointment for our ultrasound the week before Christmas - once again - we are NOT finding out the sex of the baby.

Needless to say, Jason and I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving: our health, our families, our future child, our careers, and our successful new life here in NJ. We are travelling back to Michigan for the Thanksgiving holiday - leaving here next Tuesday and returning the following Sunday. We are trying to keep the trip low-key and spending as much time relaxing with my family as possible. Having said that, I am excited to see all my friends at Shelby Township and having a crazy-long lunch with Sue Bianchi, celebrate Chase's 1st birthday and attend my 10-year high school reunion!

I want to be able to hug my mom, dad, sister and brother and have them put their hands on my growing belly for the first time! We talk all the time, but I miss their hugs and kisses now more than ever.

Truthfully, I am most looking forward to eating my mom's stuffing. My mom's cooking has always represented her love and devotion to her family. Her stuffing is the quintessential old-fashioned, unique and delicious product that no one could ever reproduce. Unfortunately, I received a warning NOT to eat stuffing that is baked inside the turkey due to the fact that the internal temperature of bird may not get high enough to kill all the harmful bacteria which can be dangerous for preggo women....umm....seriously, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will stop me from eating my mother's stuffing. DO YOU HEAR ME?

1 comment:

Christine said...

Have you heard that eating alot of peanut butter will give your child a peanut allergy? I mean...COME ON PEOPLE!!! Meredith is doomed because that is ALL I at the first tri!

Enjoy Thanksgiving!! You look fantastic. Dont listen to that nonsense either!!

xo