Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fun at the Flyers Game


Jason and I went to a Philly Flyers game last night. We had a blast for a couple of reasons: 1) the Wachovia Center is gorgeous (especially in comparison to Joe Louis Arena - sorry Joe) 2) We had seats 8 rows back from the flyer's bench 3) the Flyers won in sudden-death overtime - VERY EXCITING!

Back to my comment about Joe Louis.....can someone tell me why we can't get a new arena? Our winningest team in Detroit gets no respect? I'm not even a big hockey fan and I think they deserve it!

Sorry Lions, but I think it was a bunch of BS that your sorry-bottoms got a brand new stadium! My dad is the most die-hard fan and it is ONLY for his sake that I'm glad you have a nice place to play.

1 comment:

inprogress said...

Joe Louis is the worst stadium that I've EVER been in. Easily. The WORST. And they still raise ticket prices every year. Gee, I wonder why attendance is declining even though they're the champs? They're talking about building the new stadium, and have been talking about it for a while. They might build it behind the Fox Theater. I'm not sure what the hold up has been, though I suspect it has something to do with money... as in, they're still making money on the team so why spend a gazillion on a new stadium? In the men's room, they still have troughs!