Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Symphony


NJPAC - New Jersey Performing Arts Center is a beautiful theatre in Newark. With Angela and Jason we attended the NJSO performance with vocalist Michael Feinstein. Although we all enjoyed the music, I think the boys found the old-school vocals less than thrilling. I would prefer a Michael Buble or Harry Connick Jr. performance....actually I think I'd prefer Barry Manilow performance (Copa Cabana??)......you know, not everyone can pull-off the romantic classics. In addition, it seems as though they appeal to a certain age-group....I think we were the youngest people by at least 20 years....exiting the theatre seemed to happen in slow-motion.

The highlight of the evening was the pre-symphony dinner at the Spanish Tavern. AMAZING service and really good food...and kind of a hidden gem in the middle of Newark.

Thanks to Jason C. for planning the whole evening...its nice to experience all that New Jersey has to offer.

No comments: