Sunday, May 11, 2008

Meatless Update


So, I have officially gone vegetarian. That's right! I have given up meat. However, I have allowed myself a few exceptions: 1) Eating Kansas City BBQ (when in Rome...) and 2) A rib eye last night to celebrate the first grill-out of the season. Sue me.

Other than that, I'm doing quite well. I will be on experimenting with Tofu this week and continue to try new soy products until I find ones that are satisfactory.
- O'soy Yogurt by Stonyfield Farms is light-years better than Silk Yogurt (yucky!) Too bad the grocery stores around here stock it at their convenience.
- I continue to drink 8th Continent Orignal Light Soymilk - thanks to my sissy who did the leg-work on finding a decent soy-milk.
- Morningstar veggie corndogs are delightful and taste so much like the real thing you'll feel like you're cheating!
- Morningstar veggie burgers (mushroom, veggie lovers, tomato-basil, black bean) are all good!

I want to give a shout out to my sister Michelle who is totally supportive and trying herself to possible convert and to my BF Lacey, who is a tried-and-true vegetarian who gave me an amazing cookbook to get things rolling (Moosewood Low-Fat Favorites) and for her support! I couldn't have done it without you two!

1 comment:

inprogress said...

I didn't know you were going vegetarian. Cool beans. If you eat fish... Wild Alaskan Salmon is the probably one of the best (nutritionally).