Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sugar, oh, Honey, Honey



I am not a big breakfast eater, but I make sure that I have at least a bowl of cereal everyday! A few weekends ago upon the realization that I was out of Aunt Jemima Maple Syrup (which is the farthest thing from ACTUAL Maple Syrup), I created a new concoction:

Warm pancakes covered in sliced bananas and drizzled with honey.....omg.....where have you been all my life?

I always thought honey was for tea and the occasional marinade ingredient, until having lunch one day with Marisol - we were sharing a plate of sweet potato fries(our favorite) at The Majestic Cafe and they served them with honey for dipping. How simple and how wonderful! I have since started using honey to sweeten just about everything.

P.S. If you like sweet potato fries, like me and Mari do, check out The Traffic Jam - they are served with chipotle mayo - also yummy!

2 comments:

marisol said...

I knew one day you would remember me!

mama said...

In the 50's the only cough syrup I knew was whiskey, honey and lemon. Whiskey to knock us out, honey to soothe the bronchial tubes, and lemon to cleanse our mouth.
mams