Thursday, January 3, 2008

what I leave behind

The sojourn to New Jersey is underway. I am scared, excited, sad, and nervous. All the emotions you'd expect from a girl whose never lived more than 20 minutes from her mom and dad.

I can't help but constantly think about life away from my family. In spite of the fact that Jason and I are our own family now, I hold dear the relationships I have with my mom, dad, sister and brother. The ability to drop by sister's place or have lunch with my mom is quickly vanishing. Calling my dad to come fix my toilet will no longer be an option...at least not a reasonable one. The long-term effects of my move is destined to change the way our family members feel about each other. Perhaps we'll all grow in ways we never expected.

2008 will inevitably bring lots of adventures.....which reminds me....I need to find a new hair stylist. shit.

No comments: